Friday, October 2, 2009

Paul Short today

Dear blog followers:

This is going to be a very busy weekend for me personally. My brother-in-law is coming into town from Florida. He has not been back since he moved down there 5 years ago. He is one of my best friends. So the blog may not be updated with the frequency and depth that you may like. I apologize in advance.

A few notes ...

1. Paul Short at Lehigh went well today. Check here for complete results. Among the highlights:

-- Despite lead runner Adam Vess not running (he tweaked his ankle last week in practice, but in truth this was a planned off meet for him; if needed, he could have run at less than 100 percent), the varsity men (top-5) averaged 24:59.6. Pretty amazing stuff. I had talked about tightening up our pack. How about this for tightening? Runners 1-4 were a mere 18 seconds apart (24:47, 24:49, 24:52, 25:05). The spread from 1-5 (5th man, 25:25) was a still-tight 38 seconds. Mission accomplished. However, in a big-meet scenario, not having a true lead runner (low number) can be costly. Such was the case for us today. So it goes.

-- Brittany Burns ran an all-time best (21:30) for 6km. School record. Nicely done, Brit! Most of the ladies ran 6km PRs and/or a lot faster than last year at the same meet. An excellent day. Our top three women ran great. We had a big gap after that, but many other women ran PR times and certainly supreme efforts today.

2. I know I have a few promised blog post updates coming your way: On Rolek, Prinz and Walsh. I'll get to them eventually.

And I will try to get the team results and some commentary (no promises) up here as soon as possible too.

Hang in there.

If you are in the area this weekend, you might also be aware of this bridge thing. It's a pretty big deal.

Take care and blog at you when I can,

Pete

No comments: