Friday, October 16, 2009

Bridge May Be Icy

I saw this sign way too many times in the past 30 hours, as we futilely drove to and from Penn State for a meet that was canceled due to a freak October snowstorm.

Trust me, it snowed. A lot. The course was covered in about 3-4 inches this morning. The big issue were downed trees all over the course. They were snapping as we stood there. So that would not have been a good idea to run, with limbs coming down on hordes of runners. The decision was a no-brainer. It was a tough situation for the Penn State meet folks and they handled it quite well.

The plan now is for some (but not all) of the varsity guys from Penn State to run at UAlbany in the morning at that Invy. We will sort out the details in the next few hours.

Suffice it to say I am tired. I just got done with a roughly 10-hour van roundtrip with a group of, shall we say, energized young men. It was a fun and memorable trip, but a bit stressful plying the hills of Central PA through heavy snow, sleet and rain. I have a newfound respect for truckers, because I felt like one these past two days.

Look for a full race report after the UAlbany Invy -- either Saturday afternoon, evening or Sunday.

Dress warmly, boys and girls. It's gonna be COLD. But at least, no measurable snow, from what I can gather.

No comments: