Monday, October 12, 2009

Parenti's impressive half-marathon debut

Got a text from Marist alum Nate Parenti, who informed me of his extremely impressive half-marathon debut Sunday at the Staten Island Half Marathon. Nate placed 17th overall out of more than 3,000 finishers in 1:17:34.

Check out the official race result line here:

PARENTI NATE M27 307 MAAL BROOKLYN NY 17 17 7 1:17:34 5:55 1:17:34 35 76.3 %

Notice the MAAL? That stands for: Marist Alumni Racing Team!

Thanks, Nate, for noticing that pull-down on all New York Road Runners (NYRR) races. And note to other alums in NYRR races: Use that pull-down so that you are proudly representing the MART. Or MAAL, as the New York Road Runners calls us.

A short note on Parenti: As many of you know, Nate and I rarely saw eye-to-eye during his time at Marist. Once he left Marist, he constantly lobbied for me to give him a MART singlet. I declined his requests, until he completed his degree.

Once he completed his degree, I gave him the MART singlet, with a stern warning: Wear it with pride and show up to races ready to race. He has more than heeded this advice.

Yo, Parenti: I'm proud of you, buddy. Nicely done! I hope you stick with it, and I hope you keep getting faster.

1 comment:

rolek said...

i've always believed in you parenti