Tuesday, September 29, 2009

CT sizzles in Erie

On my way home from a coaches meeting in NYC last week, I had the opportunity to have a nice conversation with Matt "CT" Szymaszek (for those keeping score at home: I was using a hands-free device!).

CT is doing great in medical school out in Erie, PA (note to CT: Enjoy the winter, bro! It starts next week and ends around, oh, Memorial Day; good luck with THAT!)

Anyway, CT is doing a great in both his studies and his running -- no small task, my friends.

He just ran a 15-kilometer race at Presque Isle State Park in Erie. He told me his goal was the break the course record. Which he did! Good for him! Well, sort of. In his words, from an e-mail, here's what CT had to say:

"I ran better than I thought I would, 53:32, broke the course record by 7 seconds, unfortunately so did the guy that was 6 seconds in front of me. We were shoulder to shoulder through 7 miles and he put in a burst but I was already pushing it and my response was minimal. By my count he had an 11 second lead and I got it down to 6. I'll take 2nd overall. Now I have a 12 hour study date with anatomy and embryology. Talk to you later."

Nice job. Keep studying and keep running.

By the way, for those that may not know CT and are wondering: No, the nickname is NOT a reference to CT (computed tomography) scans, but rather to Matt's home state of Connecticut. Get it? CT? CT? The bad, bad puns never, ever end, my friends ...

1 comment:

sean said...

pete, thank you for never calling him "juice" that would make camp too happy.