Thursday, September 24, 2009

Happy Birthday, Coach Horton


I would like to wish a happy birthday to Coach Terry Horton, who turns __ today. I will not fill in the blank. But I will say this: Last year was a milestone birthday for Terry. So this year is plus-one.

I will also say this: Terry has aged well and looks much younger than he is. It probably helps that, unlike me, he does not grow a full, gray beard. The picture above shows Coach Horton hard at work, scoring our home meet at Bowdoin Park earlier this month.

Most Marist team members may not know this, but Coach Horton was a very good runner back in the day ... and that day wasn't all too long ago. He was among the best age-group runners in this area before knee surgery and back woes curtailed him. But it's not over till it's over, and Terry's hoping to be on the roads again in the future.

But for now, enjoy the day, thanks for all your work with our teams ... and good luck with the big high school meet at Bowdoin on Saturday.

2 comments:

Colleen said...

wow! Happy Birthday Coach HOrton!! Best wishes sent from KY..I hope its a good one!

Pete....I hope you're doing well...looks like you guys are in for an exciting season! Umm can you send me your email adress to Colleen.kelty@gmail.com Ive had some email problems and no longer have yours..
stay well

Colleen

Anonymous said...

I guess this is as good time to make my first comment but Happy Birthday Coach Horton!