Tuesday, October 1, 2019

Tomorrows and yesterdays


An idea gets in my head, and then I repeat it in an endless loop. That’s how it works these days. When this school year started, my 29th as coach at Marist, I kept telling my athletes that I have a lot more yesterdays than tomorrows – in coaching and in life, but especially in coaching. It is with that thought that I bring a lot more urgency to what we are doing on a daily basis; not a bad thing, really. This photo was texted to me by Forever Fox Kelley (Gould) Posch, now a teacher and coach at Mahopac High School. We ran into each other at Bowdoin Park a few weeks ago; we were running women’s XC practice, she was coaching at one of those Tuesday mega dual meets. We are forever proud of our Forever Foxes, especially those who form another branch on our coaching tree. In terms of tomorrows and yesterdays, Kell certainly has me beat in the tomorrows category, and for that we are grateful and proud.

No comments: