Thursday, January 3, 2019

Welcome, 2019


New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day are past us, thankfully. While we had a great holiday season, and I trust you all did as well, the end of it with the New Year’s celebrations are a bit weary for me (for those keeping score at home, I was in bed by 9:15 p.m. on Monday night). I consider it somewhat of a fraud of a “holiday” as it is simply turning the page on the calendar. Oh sure, it’s not like your typical new month, a new year is definitely more special than that. But as I wrote to our men’s team in my weekly training email, New Year’s is a time to restock and retool mentally for many of us, but it’s also business as usual for us in the track/running world. “Resolution” is just a fancy word for “goals” and that's what keeps us living and breathing every single day. Be Better is a resolution that we should strive for every single day of the year -- 2019 is no different. I urge all of our athletes (and all of us, really) to Be Better in 2019, so that we can lift our program (and ourselves) to new heights in this new year. So yeah. Happy New Year.

1 comment:

Hild said...

The most important thing to note about the New Year is: How long will we go into the year before people stop wishing Mike Francesa a Happy New Year on WFAN? My money's on sometime around indoor IC4As/ECACs, Pete!