Monday, January 14, 2019

Jenna at Disney

Congrats to Marist Running Alum Jenna Robinson for her awesome marathon debut at a steamy Disney Marathon on Sunday in Florida. A record-setting middle distance runner just months ago, Jenna battled the heat and humidity and finished the marathon in 3:47:19, good for 13th in her age group. Here’s what she texted me this morning (along with these great pictures): Honestly, it was much harder (mentally) than I was expecting. There was a heat/humidity advisory that went out for the morning of the race. When the sun was down I was having a blast, but as soon as the sun rose, so did the temperature and my (split) times started to drop. My main goal was to break 4 hours and my reach goal was to Boston qualify. At about mile 16, the temperature broke 70 degrees and then at mile 19 I started having excruciating quad cramping that really took a toll on me (the unraveling splits told the story!). Overall, I am satisfied with my first marathon, I had fun and I look forward to doing colder marathons in the future!! Nicely done, Jenna, we are very proud of you.







No comments: