Saturday, March 17, 2018

Spring break: Jenna in Iceland


Thanks to senior captain Jenna Robinson for her report and photos from Iceland. Here's the email she sent with the photos: 

It was so fun to see Eamonn down in the city of Reykjavík this week! Red Foxes far and wide over Spring break.

We stayed about a half hour outside of the city, which I’m hoping will pay off tonight with a possible viewing of the aurora borealis.

I look forward to training with the team again next week! Below I attached a photo of myself running on the road our house is on, on lake Havartn as well as the edge of the North American tectonic plate. Iceland is one of the only locations where you can see a divergent plate boundary on land! About 2km to the East you could find a similar wall of rock facing this wall, at the edge of the Eurasian plate (I’m a bit of a geology nerd).

No comments: