Saturday, March 17, 2018

Spring break: Denise in Telluride


Sophomore Denise Grohn spent spring break with her family on a ski trip in Colorado. "Ski trip" sends shivers of fear and loathing through a worry wort coach's body like me, but I should know better. Denise is a great athlete and she made it through unscathed. Here are some photos and her report that she texted to me and to Chuck:

"Successfully made it through a week of skiing without getting hurt! Here are some amazing views from this week's running adventures. Getting some altitude work in for outdoor! This first is me suffering through the tempo workout at 9000 feet in Telluride, CO. Lungs burning. Definitely felt it during workouts. Normal runs weren't so bad, but there was plenty of wheezing going on during the workouts! And the second is my sister and I rejoicing after an amazing desert run at 5,000 feet in Arches National Park."

Hopefully, as Coach Chuck pointed out, this brief foray in altitude training will pay dividends when she returns to sea level training.

No comments: