Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Alumni race report: Brianna 'loves' Philly

Here's a photo and excellent race report from Marist Running Alum Brianna Freestone, who had a great PR run in Philadelphia this weekend:


I finished in 1:35:15, a PR by almost 5 minutes! I was 14th in my age group, 276 overall. I was very happy with that, especially since training didn't quite go as planned. I averaged 3-4 runs per week, but I did get in some really solid long runs which definitely improved my confidence going into the race. Conditions were a little cold -- it was about 30 degrees with a bitter wind -- so standing around at the start was tough, but once we got going I was fine! I went out a little too quick, but ended up averaging 7:13 pace in the first five miles, 7:18 pace in the next five and 7:16 in the final three. The course was very flat, with only one uphill between miles 7 and 8, a downhill before mile 9, and a slight incline right before the finish. Overall I was pleasantly surprised, and had a lot of fun with it!  

No comments: