Sunday, November 3, 2013

NYC Marathon: Marist Running well-represented

The day started with the texts of people seeing Brian Townsend's Marist Alumni singlet on TV. It continued with my phone buzzing constantly with texts of updates, results and splits (side note: THANK YOU to all who helped in that cause; I still am without a Smart Phone and I was away from Internet all day doing family tasks). And it concluded with my scouring the results listings for those with Marist Running connections. The following is the list I have come up with, with finishing times and half-marathon splits. I post it here with trepidation as I worry that I forgot someone. If I did, it was inadvertent and you will get your very own post on this fancy blog. Here goes ...

Brian Townsend 2:41:33 (1:20:29): The leader of the pack. Top-100. PR. What a great race.
David Raucci 2:49:41 (1:17:56): Another solid race from one of the true good guys in our family.
Chris McCloskey 2:52:11 (1:25:04): Chomps! Last year, an Ironman Triathlete. This year, a new dad. And now, a great marathon debut. Not too shabby for the former 1,000-meter record holder!
Tony Ferreri 3:05:22 (1:30:07): Fast Tony, my early morning training partner, and father of sophomore Catherine. He had another in a long line of great races for him.
Kathryn Sheehan 3:10:11 (1:31:07): Tremendous debut just months after a record-setting track season. Great job, Kat!
Kara Lightowler 3:11:46 (1:34:16): Wow, wow, wow! What a great job for Kat's classmate. Very even and solid splits. We are so proud of Kara's progress.
Brian Sheehan 3:12:39 (1:35:12): Kathryn's dad ran a gutsy race. His training has been hampered by injury but he bulled through an even and tough effort.
David Swift 3:26:02 (1:36:24): Mr. Bucket led the way for the Middle Aged Machines as he returned to the 26.2-mile distance after a long layoff.
Lexie Ennis 3:43:01 (1:43:22): A great marathon debut for her!
Todd Bivona 3:51:47 (1:53:17): Sprinter turned distance runner with another marathon finish.
Krys Wasielewski 4:37:32 (1:53:51): My crazy coffee buddy got through it with an injury-plagued performance as he continues his long march toward 100 marathons; 41 and counting now ... 
Kim Ladouceur 5:13:18 (2:28:12): Another sprinter turned marathoner, we are proud of her finish.

Again. If I left anyone out ... let me know!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ted Ebberts and Elizabeth Braun represented the Class of 2003! Each of their first marathons.