Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Farewell to the white car ...

 A whole generation of Marist runners have known me to drive this 2002 Subaru Forester, adorned with an ever growing array of stickers and magnets. One pal, let's call him "Artie," returned from the State Fair in Syracuse with a bag full of about 15 totally incongruous stickers -- most of which are on the car. My list of contributors has grown throughout the years, including several recent parents who have given me some nice stickers!

But I am sad to report that, as my wife says, it is time for me to grow up and get an "big-boy, adult" car as I rapidly approach my 50th birthday. And so, the white car is history. Well, not quite. It's still sitting in my driveway, eagerly awaiting its next owner. I have posted it on craigslist (with these photos, which may or may not have been the most judicious thing to do). But if anyone is interested ... let me know! It's a good running car. A little quirky (you think?) and rough around the edges. But it RUNS. Oh yeah. It's a 5-speed manual, so keep that in mind.

How many athletes have I taken to the train station, or across campus, or elsewhere, in this loud by reliable old bucket of bolts? Ah ... the memories ... yeah, yeah. It's a CAR. Time to move on. The next post will show off my new ride ...



3 comments:

Unknown said...

Sorry Pete, but who is going to buy a car with that many stickers? Then again it might do okay on Craigslist...

Kris said...

Was this the successor to the hit-and-run Civic?

Pete said...

Yes, this car replaced the green Civic ... seems like yesterday