Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Hot hot hot


As I type this, I am wearing my standard summer attire: shorts, tube socks pulled up high, and a long-sleeve shirt. Unless it is warmer than 80 degrees, I wear long sleeves. Well. This week, I’ll be wearing short sleeves. 

Have you heard the weather forecast? Extreme heat coming the next few days! But, thankfully, it will be short-lived. Still … it is important to take precautions with the heat.

--Avoid running in the heat of the day
--Pre-hydrate before running
--Re-hydrate immediately after running
--If you have to run in the sizzling weather, keep it easy
--Consider alternatives like pool running

Again, this heat will pass quickly, but you still have to respect it and stay cool.

1 comment:

tcoulson said...

...and I will roll in short sleeves at Penn Relays.