Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Stop texting in class, already!

More than once, I have been texting with a team member (I won't give up names here, to protect the guilty), and then it dawned on me. Hey, wait! They are in NIGHT CLASS!

I felt like an accessory to a crime: Texting in class. Apparently, it is not a big deal for many of you on the team. And from what I hear, it's not a big deal to a lot of professors out there.

Well, I'm here to say this, as an old-school guy: It does not seem right or appropriate to be texting -- me, or anyone -- while in class. There. I just had to get that off my chest.

Feel free to chime in with your thoughts on this.

2 comments:

Greg said...

If I were still in college, it would be pretty hard for me to text anyone considering the fact that I have gone out of my way to disable texting from my phone. Don't expect any Twitter or Facebook updates from me either, as I am holding-out on signing up for those websites, too. I prefer a good, old-fashioned email or phone call. There's no need for me to keep everyone constantly updated with the boring minutia of my life.

-Reese

Keenan said...

it'd be funny if you received a text from someone on the team whilst teaching your class, the guilty party being a student in said class.