Friday, November 13, 2009

From the hotel

Team members that have been around me for the past few days know how excited and thrilled I am to have this new, Marist-issued laptop. Well, here I am in the Marriott Newton, Room 135 (yes, Phil: The heat is cranked at 80 degrees!) -- blogging from my fancy laptop. Cool. Very cool.

The meet tomorrow is going to be a bit messy, I think. The weather forecast is for heavy rain and wind, the remnants of the hurricane/tropical storm that has ravaged the East coastline. Oh well, that's cross country biz ...

In other random news: Our coaches meeting was at the BU track. So of course Chuck and I enjoyed a great pizza dinner at T Anthony's, the famous food venue of choice for generations of tracksters.

Also: I was thrilled to hear from Captain Janzo that the remainder of the team that did not make the trip due to the untimely and ridiculous cancellation of today's JV race met and did a fine workout at the Cator Loop. Lesser men would have been disheartened and stopped training, or at least lost their motivation to train. Not our beloved Running Red Foxes, who remain fired up and committed to a strong, end-of-season effort at ICs/ECs next Saturday.

More details on race times for next week in a future post. Hope to have good alumni and family support there.

I will not be able to post from the bus on the ride home, so I'll get the regional results and stuff up here as quickly as I can.

For those tracking the festivities Saturday online:

Men's race, 10km: 2:30 p.m.
Women's race, 6km: 3:30 p.m.

No comments: