Sunday, November 15, 2009

A real Marist Track hero ...

OK. So yeah, Saturday's meet from the men's team perspective was a bummer. A real bummer. But checking my email slaps me right back to reality and gives us all a lot of perspective.

Got a short note from an old Marist Track teammate from back in the mid-1980s, Mike Carson. Mike was a thrower on those teams. Correction: Mike was THE thrower on those teams. He WAS our throwing team.

Mike's a military man and a local guy, from Hyde Park, and we have stayed in touch through the years as he visits home frequently. Unfortunately, since 2003, it hasn't been that frequently -- since he has been deployed to Iraq at least 4 or 5 times by my count.

The email I got from him the other day informed us all that he's gone for another tour of duty in Iraq. We pray for his safety every day.

For those old-school readers of the blog that may have been teammates or friends with Mike, I share his address with all below.

For those new-school readers of the blog that might want to drop a note of encouragement from an extended member of the Marist Track Family, I am certain Mike would love to hear from you. He follows the team closely and stays in close tabs with me via email.

Here is his snail mail address ...

CW4 Michael T. Carson
HHC, 3-158th Aviation Regiment
Joint Base Balad, Iraq
APO AE 09391

No comments: