Monday, September 3, 2012

Brittany Burns has great debut at half marathon!

Recognize this smiling face? It is Marist Running Alum Brittany Burns -- now running for our friends at the Syracuse Chargers -- in her first half-marathon, a cool race called the "1812 Challenge" held in upstate Sackets Harbor. Here is Britt's email after the race, which she won very easily:

This is the first year this race was held and it was celebrating the Bicentennial of the War of 1812 battles fought in Sackets Harbor. There was also an 18.12 mile race. This is my longest run ever and I thought it went pretty smoothly. I kept it fairly relaxed and ran steady splits until about four miles to go and then I started to drop it down some. I anticipated a competitive field; but it didn't really turn out that way. After the first mile, I ended up running the rest of the race entirely on my own. Overall, it was a great day and I walked away with a $406 winners check! Not a bad way to end the summer! (Side note: The race gave out $1812 in total prize money; thus the unusual winners portion)
 
Congrats to Britt on a great effort at her 13.1-mile race debut. 

 

No comments: