Thursday, December 10, 2009

What a poll!

Boy, this Bowdoin vs. Sunken Meadow thing is quite a neck-and-neck race. Every time I check, it is tied or one park is leading by a small margin. Good stuff!

Nice to be thinking about cross country still, despite the bone-chilling cold and snow of the inevitable winter.

Of course, with this raw weather comes a sense of renewal in that it means the beginning of track season.

My 6 a.m. jogs are joyless jaunts in the dark, with black ice lurking around every bend and hill, and biting wind turning my graying beard into icicles. And it's not even January yet! But I should not complain. Our morning run posse seems to grow by the day. I am the slowest of the group, which is good and bad. Today, my fastest training partner literally ran circles around me and another slow poke.

Anyway, keep voting, and keep reading.

And bundle up. It's cold out there.

No comments: