Monday, December 21, 2009

Old School Photo



Just got the following email and accompanying photo from my good pal Marty McGowan down on Staten Island. Marty is a loyal Marist xc alum and true friend to our program on many, many levels.

Pete, I'm learning how to scan pictures onto the computer, and thought you'd like this one. It's the Marist X-C team from Fall 1971, my Junior Year.
from the top Coach Len Olsen, Bob Nelson, Pete Rock, Jay Doyle ( Jay was our # 1 runner that year ) Don Gilespie and ??? ( he was a grad assistant who sometimes showed up as an asst coach, forgot his name, sorry ) Bottom Row; John Petraglia, Bob Salomon, Me, with the sunglasses ( Bob and I were Co Captains that year and Pat " Milo" Stevens (No relation to Rich Stevens, who came on board outdoor season 1972). Thanks for the Christmas card, the kids are growing!! Stay safe. Marty

4 comments:

Greg said...

Pete, why don't you wear a suit and tie at the meets?

- Reese

Pete said...

Greg: I have considered it for indoor meets, believe it or not. If you show up to one of the Armory meets this winter, maybe I'll do just that to stun you. Otherwise, I limit my suit-wearing days to weddings and funerals.

Greg said...

The Duke coach would be proud if he saw you in a suit.

peter said...

Pete, coach Olson gave you all those archives and clippings from the 1970s Marist X-C and Track days, when we met at that diner on Rt. 9G, your youngest child was just about to be born...if you still have them, why not scan in a few photos or articles about times, athletes, etc???

Peter Van Aken