Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Cuesta: This one's for you!

One of our track guys, a long sprinter named CUESTA (his first name is Alex, but no one -- not even his mother! -- calls him that; he's just Cuesta; yes. his mother calls him Cuesta!) apparently is a big fan of this blog. Huge fan. Checks it every day. In class, even!

He gave me a hard time about not having many recent posts. Dude. We are in between seasons. I'll get cranking in due time -- today, in fact, as this is my second post! So anyway, I told Cuesta yesterday that I would do a post for him to satiate his need to read a post on this fancy blog.

There. How's that, Cuesta?

Oh, and a note to his professors: If he is reading this blog instead of paying attention to you in class: You have my permission to scold him, maybe even dock him a half-letter grade on class participation. He should NOT be reading this blog in class! Just like he should not be texting in class!

From all reports, Cuesta's in great shape. He's not hurt (that's BIG) and he's training hard and tough. That's good. He showed some real flashes of good stuff last spring, and we're hoping to start off a great junior year with a strong performance at Yale.

Speaking of which ... oh yeah, our first indoor track meet is Saturday! At Yale. But I guess you might have figured that out already. I will post the schedule here soon. And when I do, I'm sure Cuesta will be the first to read it!

No comments: