Sunday, March 30, 2008

Alumni team does us proud!

THIS JUST IN:

The Marist Alumni Racing Team of Steve Hicks, Kirk Dornton, Geoff Decker and Sean Hopkins -- now that, my friends, is a POWER team -- won the team competition at Mudders and Grunters, a trail race down in Westchester County. The won the coveted "skull" team award, which will be displayed proudly in my office for the next year, at which time these boys will retrieve it and do their best to defend it against challenging competition.

Our favorite Mudders finished ahead of the Albany Running Exchange, an excellent group of runners to our north.

Being the immature idiots that they are (and you KNOW I love them all!), they did not enter under the Marist Alumni Racing Team banner but rather as The Winners. That way, when they were announced as the winners, it was announced as: "the winners are The Winners." I firmly believe all the stupid, immature and bad puns I have fed them throughout the years was behind this idiocy.

Congrats to the Alumni Runners, and look for The Skull to be placed prominently in my trainwreck of an office for the coming months ...

No comments: