Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Loose ends

Hello men:

It's been a weird, disconnected time over the past several days. And with practice pre-empted on Wednesday because of the mandatory NCAA speaker, I probably will not be seeing you guys till Thursday afternoon. A couple of thoughts between now and then ...

1. I will post training schedules and workout lists on the blog for spring break in a few days. Check back for that. As always, I will give you guys PLENTY of options from which to choose.

2. Doubles. I'll admit that I have not been forceful and decisive in this area since we have restarted these, mostly because of my crazy schedule and insanity at home. I can only do so much. Having said that ... we all need to be serious about doubling. If you are reading this, you are probably serious about doubling so I'm "preaching to the choir." Regardless, here's the deal: I don't think we should have a double on Thursday. I cannot get in there in the morning, plus Thursday afternoon's "AAU Championship" practice will be grueling. And it's midterm week. Let's start fresh after break with a Monday-Thursday routine and I will see to it that I am there for all of them. It will only be for a few weeks, anyway, but we need to get in the habit. And, I need to be there. It's only fair.

3. Thursday's "race" practice: Let's have some fun with it, but I will definitely monitor it so it's not out of control and no one gets hurt. We will make adjustments accordingly. Again, we want to come out of it with a hard day but unscathed too. I'm looking forward to it.

4. Thursday's practice, Part 2: I will have a brief meeting with the women's team to go over some future issues, at 2 p.m. You guys can get together and start warming up around 2:05 to 2:10 and then I'll meet everyone around 2:30 to get things going.

Lastly: I like what I'm seeing with the group. Everyone that is healthy is working hard. I'm hopeful for an excellent outdoor season. After all the illnesses and other crap during the winter, it'll be nice to get outdoors and literally clear the air.

Set big goals, and run to achieve them.

Run. Rehydrate. Run Some More.

coach pete

No comments: