Friday, October 25, 2013

Bring on the music

Many of you know I am an avid and loyal fan of the rock/jam band Gov't Mule. The band just released a new two-CD set called "Shout." I can't get enough of it. Of course, being a loyal fan, Warren Haynes and friends could probably put out a rap album and I would like it (OK. Probably not. But you get the idea). Anyway, I believe their new album may be their best yet. Senior XC team member Doug Ainscow is a fellow Mule follower and we immersed ourselves in the new discs on the trip to Lehigh a few weeks ago in the van.

Usually with Mule discs, there are at least a few songs that I don't like and will skip through. Not so in this case. Every song has a unique twist that keeps me coming back for more. And the bonus, second CD features all the same songs, sung by guest artists -- like Steve Winwood, Elvis Costello, Dave Matthews, Grace Potter and Dr. John. If interested, check out the link to this excellent review of the album and a brief history of the band.

Bring on the music. Everything's gonna be all right.

1 comment:

tcoulson said...

I have not been exposed to them, just put them in Pandora, and immediately got a good Allman Bros. vibe - I can see why you like it so much, very much up your ally.