Friday, April 26, 2013

From Penn Relays, to Tiger Relays, and back to Penn Relays again ...

Check out this cool photo that my wife Heidi took from the Tiger Relays at Dietz Stadium in Kingston this afternoon. On the left is our son Joey, who ran leadoff leg of the Haviland Middle School 4x800 relay team. He is handing off to his teammate, John-Ryan, with a BLIND HANDOFF! Pretty fancy stuff for eighth-graders, huh? Joey is one of four boys who have christened themselves the "D-Squad" for "distance." Good stuff. I was not there; instead, I was at our youngest son James' Little League game (dude went 3-for-4!). Sorry, I do not have the HMS relay splits; you know if I was there they would be posted here! After a quick roundtrip to Philly for Penn Relays Thursday/Friday for the distance races, it's back down there tomorrow for the big-boy 4x800 relay. Look for results, splits, comments, late Saturday night, followed by the Yale meet on Sunday.

No comments: