Saturday, September 10, 2011

Noah's Ark

Just got back from a marvelous alumni gathering at Poughkeepsie watering hole Noah's Ark in the Mt. Carmel section of the city. Brought back some memories of my younger bar days -- heck, that is going back more than 20 years ago!

The men and women of Marist Running reserved an open bar from 5 to 8 p.m. Since the only time I will have an occasional Barley Pop is on Lake George vacation and at Yankee Stadium, I limited my bar consumption to a few glasses of Coca-Cola.

Thanks to Rolek, who I believe was the brains behind this. This was a truly wonderful idea to get everyone together in a low-key setting for some socializing. There was darts, billiards and mostly questionable music on the jukebox (exception: Walsh chose some good tunes).

This old guy fired some darts with Bamberger. We will not discuss the results here. You can guess who won.

The early evening hours were perfect for me, as I was able to get home just as the sun was setting.

It is a safe hunch that, as this is being typed, the night remains quite young for our recent graduates. But it is also a safe hunch that many of those men will be with the current Running Red Foxes for our 10 a.m. long run on Sunday.

In all, it was a great ending to a long but fun day.

No comments: