Saturday, September 10, 2011

Home of the Red Foxes

Assistant Coach Terry Horton relayed a pretty neat story. While dropping something off at the McCann Center the other night after another endless day at Bowdoin Park, Terry got in his trusty old truck and headed home. I’ll let his email tell you the rest of the story:

As I started up the hill toward the South Entrance, I looked to my left toward the football field. Much to my surprise and amazement I witnessed an animal walking along the south end of the field no more than 20 yards from me. Maybe this is a common occurrence at Marist, but, the animal was a RED FOX. Maybe I am making too much of this, especially as a Cortland graduate, I obviously never saw a RED DRAGON on the football field. I can't say I even saw a red salamander. Anyway I thought this was pretty neat.

Note to Terry: I’ve never seen a Red Fox on our campus, but I have seen many of them in Vanderbilt and alongside the roads in Hyde Park. They are quite common to the area.

Can’t say I’ve ever seen a Red Dragon, though. In Hyde Park, Cortland or anywhere else ...

2 comments:

Kris said...

I saw a red fox on campus at North Field on a barefoot run. I believe Dave was there when we saw it, he(she) was pretty small.

Justin said...

I saw one in the Gartland woods near the north field. And, we all once saw a dead one on the side of Rt. 9 on our way to the culinary.