Thursday, April 21, 2011

Congrats to women's tennis

Those that know me understand that I'm not a "social media" guy -- Facebook, Twitter, etc.

But I have to admit to somehow figuring out (without creating an account) how to follow somebody/something on Twitter just now, and it was thrilling!

The Marist College women's tennis team, coached by good friends of ours and running pals Roge Nesbitt (and her husband, Patrick), just won the MAAC title in thrilling fashion. I know this because I was following Twitter feeds (Tweets?) on MAAC Sports and Marist athletics through goredfoxes.com.

Anyway, it was a close match and seemed very exciting. Anytime a Marist team can win a MAAC title in any sport, it's great news to us! To happen to good folks and friends like the Nesbitts makes it even nicer.

Here's hoping the men's tennis team can follow suit with a title of their own next.

1 comment:

Greg said...

My new nickname for you is "Zuckerberg".