Friday, April 29, 2011

Caller #2


As the whirlwind trip to Penn Relays came to an end early Friday afternoon with van drop-offs at various houses, we had a little excitement after the long drive.

While parked on the road to drop off Conor and Britt at Fairview, I heard the announcement on my favorite radio station (WDST-100.1, Radio Woodstock) for a contest to see my favorite rock/blues musician Warren Haynes for a special, invitation-only live acoustic show at the radio station later on Friday.

Oh! Such excitement! I punched the number into my phone. It was ringing! We tried to get Quimes to get the number into his fancy iPhone, but it was too late as the line was busy. I had to be caller #9. I was caller #2. NUTS! BUMMER! We tried in vain a few more times …

Just as well. I was whipped from the long two days, and we had T-Ball and Little League to navigate in the late afternoon/evening. I heard a few bits of the Live at 5 broadcast on the radio, and it sure sounded sweet.

Would have been sweeter if I were there in person …

No comments: