Wednesday, April 6, 2011

National academic honors for XC

Please check this release posted on www.goredfoxes.com regarding the US Track and Field and Cross Country Coaches Association academic honors for our men's and women's cross country teams.

The release cites our top GPA leaders -- Erin O'Reilly of the women's team (a perfect 4.0!) and Joel Moss of the men's team (a near-perfect 3.93).

Sprinter Dan Conklin has referred to his good pal Joel as a "genius." After a Sunday visit to my house, this "genius" tag is difficult to dispute.

Joel came over and corrected a major networking issue in our home with relative ease -- much to the relief of me, my wife and my entire family.

In fact, I type this post on my laptop from my dining room table, something I am able to do because Joel resurrected our suddenly malfunctioning wireless router.

THANK YOU, JOEL!

And, of course, a hearty NICELY DONE to our student-athletes, who always keep "student" first.

No comments: