Thursday, March 4, 2010

Putting the couch to good use

Last night, we welcomed three old friends and proud Marist Alumni Racing Team members back to the office – Prinz, Schab, Walsh. Great to see them! And, they got to see my very Victorian couch (Note: More than one astute office observers, last night it was Prinz, have called the couch Victorian … which is slang for “really old looking piece of furniture that looks like it should be at the Salvation Army.”)

I’ve seen Walsh a fair amount this indoor season, and it always seems as though Schab is around the team. But Prinz? Our boy has been out of the country – heck, off the continent! – for quite some time and I cannot remember the last time I saw him. So it was great to see another of Wantagh’s finest back in his old stomping grounds. He looks trim and fit and ready to rock and roll on the roads. Prinz is moving back to the DC area, where he has a great job opportunity.

Schab is fresh off his fancy new marathon PR that was documented here a few posts ago. He seemed intent on celebrating his fancy 2:45 race last night. My guess is he did.

Walsh is fresh off a great indoor season for Molloy in which he set some really excellent PRs. And he told me that law school is in the offing for him – probably in the fall of 2011. He impressed me with his LSAT score (of course, I do not remember it now!), which was higher than anyone else I know who took the test. I’m pleased that he has decided on this very admirable and noble career path.

Now, alert readers of this blog must be wondering: Didn’t Pete and Walsh not see eye-to-eye back in the day? Yes! We had our moments, to be sure. But we have both admitted errors in each other’s ways, mended fences and moved on. I’m glad we have, as I am proud to call him an alumni of our school and our program.

All of these guys “had their moments,” so to speak (hell, who didn’t in college?). But now they are all on great career tracks and equally as important (to me, anyway) they are seriously committed to running and running well with the MART singlets – home and away, as Prinz likes to say.

Did they like the couch? I hope they did. I liked that they were here on the couch, if only for a few minutes. Thanks for the coffee and for the company, fellas, and see you down the road soon.

2 comments:

Keenan said...

A few notes...

a) I could have sworn we always saw eye-to-eye.

b) Are there any new MART singlets available?!?!?!?!

-JKTREY

Justin said...

The couch is comfy! I almost passed out in it after my swim workout. KEEP IT!