Wednesday, January 4, 2023

Running column returns, on new platform

For those of you who are not on Facebook (where I recently posted) and who might be interested in this topic (which was covered in a recent blog post here), the weekly running column (“On The Run”) that I wrote for the Poughkeepsie Journal (and which was cancelled a few weeks ago, as posted here) is returning on a different platform and format. After mulling over several different options and strategies, I settled on Substack, which is a newsletter/blog Web site populated by famous and not-so-famous writers (I most definitely fall into the latter category!). It is a subscription-based model = $5 per month or $30 per year. I’m not looking to get rich on this venture – far from it! It will provide another, continued outlet for writing about local and regional running, something I had enjoyed doing for several decades. As you will read in my initial post, I am asking for your support in subscribing to the column, so that I can make a sustained effort out of it. Here is a link to my first post, where you can read about the format of the new column as well as subscribe to it on a monthly or yearly basis. Thanks, in advance, for your support of this new writing venture.

No comments: