Wednesday, September 1, 2021

Rain now, sun later

As I type this (oddly enough, from my office in McCann ... a place I have spent precious little time in for the past 18 months!), I can hear the rain angrily pelting the roof. It's pouring, the remnants of Hurricane Ida, which did real damage to the Gulf Coast area. When I hear that violent sounding downpour above me, all I can think is: I'm glad it's not Saturday! 

On Saturday, we are hosting our season-opening XC meet. It will be a relatively large meet, with six visiting teams -- including the top-ranked teams in the Northeast preseason polls -- Iona College men, UConn women. That's neat! Other teams include Siena, Manhattan, Central Connecticut and Wagner. The forecast for the post-Ida period (including Saturday) looks gorgeous. Cooler temperatures. Lower humidity. Sunshine. Also neat! We look forward to it. Men's 6km race at 9a, women's 5km race at 9:45a. Stop by if you are around. OK.

No comments: