Sunday, August 29, 2021

Jenna Robinson wins trail half marathon

Congrats to Marist Running Alum Jenna Robinson for her victory at the Thacher Park Trail Running Festival half marathon last Sunday in Voorheesville (Albany County). Jenna placed fifth overall and first among women in 1:52:05 (8:34 pace) for the 13.1-mile trail race. At my request, here’s her race report via email:

“I must admit, I didn't ‘race’ the Thacher race. I am in mid-marathon training right now. I signed up for MDI, which is in mid-October, and I treated this race as just a training run. However, I think there is something about the trails that bring the best runs out of me. Or maybe it's the people? This was the eighth year of the Thacher Park Trail Running festival and it was their biggest turn out yet with about 200 runners! Runners are crazy, trail runners are even crazier. And ultra-trail runners?! Insane. There were 12 people who finished the 50k on Sunday. Running alongside them for the first 6 miles was a gift! I had SO MUCH FUN. Somehow, I kept a better-than-expected pace despite lots of mud, plenty of single-track trails, and technical footing. I like to think of myself as a Mudder (like the horses that get picked to run in wet conditions). The worse the conditions, the better (comparatively) I tend to do! I didn't take any pictures from the race, but I did snag this selfie on the walk to my car after receiving my cool trophy. It's a branch with a trail marker painted on! Very neat.

“It's been so nice seeing Chuck's Instagram posts and your blog posts about the preseason shenanigans so far. It must be refreshing to have regained some normalcy with the team again. I'm looking forward to seeing what the Marist men and women do this year!” 

Thanks Jenna. As preseason winds down and classes begin on Monday, we’re hoping “some normalcy” includes seeing loyal alums like Jenna and so many others at upcoming meets.

No comments: