Friday, October 9, 2020

Attention alumni! Virtual MAAC race -- let's DO it!

OK, loyal Forever Foxes – our beloved alumni of the men’s and women’s cross country and track program – here’s your chance to turn back the clock and relive your glory days (which, for you recent graduates, isn’t that long ago!). The MAAC is hosting a virtual 5km XC Challenge. Joe Compagni, the legendary Monmouth University coach and a true gentleman of the sport, is the race director. Joe retired from Monmouth last summer after a Hall of Fame caliber career and he is still remaining quite connected to the sport he loves, so he created this virtual race. Although we have always been “rivals” (back in the day, in the NEC, and now in the MAAC), Joe has always been a “friend” to the program and a genuine good guy who produced championship caliber teams year after year after year. As a result, we feel compelled to support his efforts here. Plus, it’s a good idea.

 The entry fee is nominal (just $5, plus the requisite, annoying processing fees) and the net proceeds will go to a worthy cause (Monmouth/Ocean County food bank) in New Jersey. I reached out to him to see if I could rally our loyal Forever Foxes to participate. And Joe being Joe, he was enthusiastic and supportive of it. I asked him for a Marist Alumni (men’s and women’s) pull-down option for teams, and again Joe got it done for us. So, my message to you, Forever Foxes, is this: LET’S DO IT! It will be fun. It will be neat. And, at least for one last time, you’ll get to represent Marist in a MAAC meet. Hey. It’s 2020. Of course it’ll be “virtual” … come one, come all, let’s have the biggest team participation out there!

 Here are some specific details on the Virtual MAAC race. Please feel free to spread the word to other alums via group text, social media, etc. I may even post something on Facebook about this (rare, for me). Let’s GO.

Race Director: Joe Compagni

Registration: https://runsignup.com/Race/NJ/Edison/MAACXCChallenge

Website: maacsports.com/virtualxcchallenge

Length: 5k (3.11 miles) for men and women

When: October 29 through October 31

Cost: $5 per person, plus processing fee

1 comment:

Isabella Lucas said...

My ex-husband and I had always managed to stay friendly after our divorce in February 2017. But I always wanted to get back together with him, All it took was a visit to this spell casters website last December, because my dream was to start a new year with my husband, and live happily with him.. This spell caster requested a specific love spell for me and my husband, and I accepted it. And this powerful spell caster began to work his magic. And 48 hours after this spell caster worked for me, my husband called me back for us to be together again, and he was remorseful for all his wrong deeds. My spell is working because guess what: My “husband” is back and we are making preparations on how to go to court and withdraw our divorce papers ASAP. This is nothing short of a miracle. Thank you Dr Emu for your powerful spells. Words are not enough. here is his Email: emutemple@gmail.com or call/text him on his WhatsApp +2347012841542

He is also able to cast spell like 1: Lottery 2: Conceive 3: Breakup 4: Divorce 5: Cure for all kinds of diseases and viruses.