Saturday, August 31, 2013

Home meet: Happy Birthday to ... me?

Yeah, yeah. Today's my birthday. As my wife and those very close to me know, I do not like to make a big deal out of anything related to myself. However, it truly was special to share birthday #49 with my Second Family -- Marist Track and Cross Country. As you can see, Natalie and Frank Salek (parents of senior captain Nick Salek) came through again with a phenomenal cake -- shaped as a singlet, bib #49. Nicely done! It should also be noted that sophomore XC runner Patrick Rynkowski turns 21 today. Happy birthday, Pat!

Oh yeah. We had a meet, too. Please forgive me for not posting results, comments, other photos, etc. ... for a while. I'm old and slow now, right? No seriously ... I just got done wrestling with my least favorite computer program (Excel) for two hours with meet director and assistant coach Terry Horton. It's a long and boring story, and I will not bore you with it here. However, I want to go see my First Family now, so I will leave all the rest till later or Sunday. I hope you understand. Also, thanks to all for the texts and calls and I'm sorry I have not returned them. Your outpouring means a lot to this old(er) guy. Thank you all for a wonderful day at Bowdoin Park, and check back soon for more details. Complete results should be at goredfoxes.com now or very soon.

1 comment:

tcoulson said...

Happy Birthday to the best choice I made for a head coach.