Saturday, March 3, 2012

Push-button fitness

The plan was to try and do a slightly longer than normal jog from the hotel this morning, given our somewhat leisurely travel schedule. Normally, we are rushing off to breakfast with the team and a meet relatively early. Not so today.

So I slept in till 7 a.m. (downright slothful, given my usual schedule), looked out the window and saw something quite unusual for this winter: Snow, slush and ice all over everything. So much for that slightly longer than normal jog today!

It was off to the treadmill room. I am not a big fan of the treadmill, or DREADmill as team member Luke Shane likes to call it. So I played around with the buttons, adjusted the speed and incline every few minutes and jogged on there with my earbuds in, for an hour. Not as long as I wanted to go, but on this day it will have to do.

Temperatures have warmed up outside so now it’s just a cold rain. Glad we are inside for today’s meet; one last time, before we have to brave the elements of outdoor track, in a mere few weeks!

Check back late tonight or Sunday for updates.

No comments: