Monday, January 14, 2008

DMR at NYU

After discussing with some of the guys, we may try to "semi-stack" a DMR at Friday's meet. What I mean by "semi-stack" is not everyone will be entirely fresh. But close enough.

With Girm and D-Raucci running the mile earlier in the day, most likely unseeded, this will give them a lot of time to come back and run a relay. I had originally thought 4x8 but they seem more interested in the DMR, which is fine with me. Might actually make more sense too.

So ... the tentative legs would be something like this:

1200: Girm/Dave (doubling back from mile)
400: Shaun Kippins (only running event, also doing LJ/TJ)
800: B-Dix (fresh)
1600: Girm/Dave (doubling back from mile)

That's the plan, for now, subject to change. B-Dix will remain entered in the open 800, just in case. If Girm/Dave get placed in the seeded mile (later in the meet), we may have to alter these plans.

EXCELLENT JOB in the workout indoors today. T-Dix mentioned that it seemed hard to breathe in there today, and I would agree. It did seem awfully dry. I was sweating a lot during my short warmup jog (and remember, I run SLOWLY).

Remember 9:30 a.m. practice Tuesday. See you then,

No comments: