Monday, February 9, 2015

Tell me why ...

The was a song when I was growing up that comes to mind today -- "I Don't Like Mondays" by the Boomtown Rats. The chorus goes like this: "Tell me why/I don't like Mondays/I want to shoot/the whole day down."

Well, here in the Hudson Valley, we don't like Mondays for the past month, because it seems there is a snowstorm like clockwork each and every Monday. Monday classes at Marist College for the Spring 2015 semester have been a rumor. Monday evening classes have yet to be held this semester! Let me repeat that for emphasis: Monday evening classes have yet to be held this semester! Wow. So far today, classes are canceled till 12:30 p.m. You know Marist wants to hold afternoon and evening classes, but the forecast does not look promising. Wave upon wave of snow is expected to coat the area, from now until early Tuesday morning.

Tell me why ...

No comments: