Monday, February 2, 2015

Shoveling music

Today was definitely a Snow Day here in the Hudson Valley. As in: All snow. At our house in Hyde Park, we got close to a foot, maybe more. It snowed and snowed and never changed to sleet or freezing rain. Fine with me. Ice is the enemy. So, I have spent the better part of the day shoveling our walk, our driveway and even our roof (Side note: Don't worry! I did not get up on the roof; I am far too uncoordinated for such risky behavior. Rather, I used a snow rake, which will most likely leave me quite sore in the upper body. Gotta work on my "core" I guess. Oh wait. Isn't that what I did today?).

While out there in the cold and snow, I try to use my iPod shuffle and listen to music. It will be no surprise to loyal blog followers that my music of choice often is Gov't Mule. A special treat is their new CD, entitled "Dark Side of the Mule," which features an entire live concert of Pink Floyd covers. It is, in a word, awesome. If you like Pink Floyd but have never listened to the Mule, I urge you to check it out. You may be blown away. My personal favorite has to be Shine on You Crazy Diamond. So good. So very very good. The first disc is an entire Mule set, and features a wonderful version of the old Allman Brothers Band song "Kind of Bird" that I just love. Rock on. Shovel on.

No comments: