Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Cross country teams earn academic accolades

Check out this link to the GoredFoxes.com release announcing our men's and women's teams being honored by the U.S. Track and Field and Cross Country Coaches Association as Division I All Academic Teams based on team GPA. This is the fifth year in a row both squads have been honored with this distinction. As I have said before repeatedly, this is what it's all about; the athletic successes of our team are great, but the classroom always -- ALWAYS! -- comes first. Nicely done.

1 comment:

tcoulson said...

The "special needs" program at Marist was one of the reasons I chose to go there. I have always had a hard time taking tests. But I found I didn't need the program as much as I thought. That said, it was always impressive to me how our team was able to give structure to those students who might not have been at the top of the class either. Kudos on the award.