Sunday, October 19, 2008

Some Sunday thoughts

-- Our women's team continued to improve as we tied for fourth place at the Albany meet. We have still not hit our stride as a team yet, but we're hoping to put all the pieces together for Championship Season. A major improvement over last year at this meet, top to bottom! They are a great group of athletes to work with, and it has made my fall even more enjoyable.

-- MAAC Championships. It is always dangerous to assume. That's all I'll say. Do some research. There are several runners and several teams that are pretty strong out there -- other than the obvious in Iona. We would be foolhardy to take anyone or any meet lightly. Ever. We are good, but we are not THAT good where we can just sashay into a situation and feel we can do whatever the heck we want. It is a Championship. Treat it with the proper respect that it deserves. I would expect nothing less.

-- I wasn't aware of the Web Site Slight (if you don't know what I'm talking about, ask Rolek!) until Rolek and Geist brought it up to me. Rolek, in particular, wrote a stinging note about it. While I appreciate the support, we want to make sure not to be negative toward other Marist programs in the process. Sounds corny, but I feel we are all in it together, and the more teams that succeed the better we are as a school. It just occurred to me that a lot of you reading this probably have no idea what I am talking about. Sorry.

-- We have a lot of history as a program at the Albany meet. Heck, I even ran it back in my slow collegiate days in the early 1980s! The meet literally changes every year, just look at how the course is altered year to year. And you never know who will show up and who will not. I like having it on our schedule. If they keep it on the same corresponding weekend, we will continue to attend and compete. They do a nice job with the meet, and we have a lot of ties as a program to the Capital Region.

1 comment:

Chris Camp said...

What web site slight?