Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Minnewaska clarification

Just so current team members know: Walsh's Minnewaska Marathon is verboten (that means you can't do it), as long as you have remaining eligibility.

Running marathons while you are in college is not a good idea. Take it from me. I did it. Five times, starting at the age of 19. It is one of the reasons I am a washed-up old runner at age 44. I want you to be a vibrant Marist Alumni Racing Team member well after your Running Red Foxes days are over. If you so choose.

Anyway, Walsh seems very motivated to pull this thing off. At the very least, it appears he is committed to running the darn thing. Good for him.

By the way, alums: Let me know if you are coming up this weekend. And if you are, do not CORRUPT current team members. They (we) are on high alert. They (we) are in season!

Have an excellent evening, everyone.

2 comments:

Tom Dixon said...

I will see you there,
I plan on arriving Friday night!

Rick A said...

Sorry Pete, I'm at a Job Fair in Manhattan this weekend, so I won't be able to make it up and influence the team members negatively. I'm sure I'll see you around though.