Monday, November 20, 2023

Philadelphia Marathon: (Some) great results!


Marist Running Alums were well represented at Sunday’s Philadelphia Marathon:

 

--Graham Strzelecki (Class of 2021) had an outstanding debut at the distance, placing 69th overall and ninth in his age group with a time of 2:35:07. First half split = 1:16:00. Nicely done.

--Mike Guarascio (Mike G!) was sixth in the 40-44 and notched a two-minute PR and negative split with a time of 2:41:36. First half split = 1:21:02, second half split = 1:20:34. Very neat. Mike G also ran into '06 alum Andrea Ditrani volunteering at the finish. She works at Neumann University teaching physical therapy. See photo below.

--Our old pal Lurch (“Todd Coulson”) had an admirable finish at 3:48:58, and send the following text afterwards: “FYI: my watch time was 3:38. I stopped in the med tent at mile 23 for 15 minutes, legs locked up again. But this year I was able to run the entire course unlike last year, just have to figure out why the cramping keeps happening to me. I felt like I ran pretty conservative this year, I stayed with the 320 pace group for most of the race, I fell off a little bit at my 20 to 23, but I felt really good until the stinger hit.



No comments: