Sunday, June 25, 2023

Crossover

 

On Friday night, these four Running Red Foxes went to a Zach Bryan concert in Queens -- from left = Gabe, Tony, Neel and Easton. A group of young guys going to the concert in the summer. What's the big deal, right? Yes, that's true. But for loyal, long-time readers of this fancy blog (as well as anyone else), it's important to note that this is a rare (but not as rare as you think?) occasion of a music artist that our current team members like and listen to, that I (as their older guy coach) ALSO like and listen to. In fact, when we are riding around to and from practices in the van, Neel's playlists coincide with a lot of my same music tastes -- sweet crossover. Young athletes (and others) who don't know me just assume, because I'm an old(er) guy, that I listen to old(er) music -- you know, classic rock, stuff like that. But alas, that's rarely the case. I try to keep current, especially in the genres of Americana or folk rock/country, as Zach Bryan sort of falls into. My only complaint with this photo = apparently Neel and Easton didn't get the "flannel" memo, come on! 

No comments: