Monday, October 18, 2021

Alumni weekend, Saturday at McCann

This coming weekend is Homecoming (aka Alumni Weekend) and we are hopeful to welcome back many of you reading this. The previously planned “big” track reunion has been shelved till 2022, but we will still be around and we are eager to see you back on campus and show you the “new” McCann Center. Check the Marist website and alumni office (as well as your emails!) for more details about all the excellent on-campus and off-campus (reunion years) activities. This is a “reunion year” for me, as I am the Class of 1986 (35th anniversary). Anyway, for all of you loyal Forever Foxes/Marist Running Alums, we’ll be around campus in McCann from late morning through the early afternoon. We’ll have team XC practice in the morning (possibly off campus) and should be wrapped up no later than 11 a.m. We will be in and around the McCann Center for the rest of the late morning and early afternoon. Stop by and say hi and check out our new digs. Please don’t ask me for team gear; these days, we only order enough for the current team (sorry). Also, as I write this, my voice is quite hoarse (think an aging Babe Ruth) from the weekend and/or a viral infection. I just came back from a doctor’s appointment and he said to rest my voice and drink lots of fluids (coffee and water, my daily mainstays), hopefully my voice will be functioning better on Saturday, if not you can make fun of me and call me old. Anyway, if will be coming back on Saturday, email me (runhed246@hotmail.com) or call/text me (845 309 3640) or just stop down and find us, we'll be somewhere in the vicinity. It will be a lot of fun to get back to normal and see everyone after so many years. OK!

No comments: