Tuesday, September 15, 2020

Alumni race report: Spencer's 5km PR!



This is a little bit overdue (a few weeks), but thanks to Spencer Johnson for sending along this email and these photos of his fancy and fast 5km PR out in San Diego -- 14:49! Pictures: Spencer's in the middle on the bridge, and second from right in the group. Anyway? Here's Spencer's email: 

Before quarantine, my teammates and I were gearing up for San Diego’s spring road series, which was obviously canceled due to Covid, along with our cross country season. When quarantine went into effect, we all ran alone for a little over a month until early May. Fortunately, San Diego’s Covid cases were pretty low compared to the rest of California because our mayor issued a strict quarantine and mask mandate from the start.

With things under control, we decided to keep our group small to about 5-6 of us and begin some hard training just for the fun of it, and then started doing a few time trials.

Our group did a July 4th road 10k where I tied my college track PR (30:53) on an already mapped out course for a race we typically do every Fourth of July. We then had a 5k road/parking lot time trial that we mapped with a wheel and GPS. We picked this because it was an old/empty Sea World parking lot no one uses, so we didn’t have to deal with cars or people getting in the way. I PRed in 14:49, which knocked 9 seconds off my college track PR, and three of my other teammates PRed as well!

It stinks it wasn’t official but I’m glad our hard workouts are paying off, and hopefully the new year brings some small local races. We have the Carlsbad 5000 virtual race coming up that’s organized by Meb, so we’ll see how that goes!

Not sure what else we have in store, but for now I’m just going to continue with our weekly schedule.

The photo of us on the bridge is our cool down after the time trial, and the group photo is from a 1k repeat workout we did the week leading up.

Hope you, your family, and the team are doing well!


1 comment:

Isabella Lucas said...

My ex-husband and I had always managed to stay friendly after our divorce in February 2017. But I always wanted to get back together with him, All it took was a visit to this spell casters website last December, because my dream was to start a new year with my husband, and live happily with him.. This spell caster requested a specific love spell for me and my husband, and I accepted it. And this powerful spell caster began to work his magic. And 48 hours after this spell caster worked for me, my husband called me back for us to be together again, and he was remorseful for all his wrong deeds. My spell is working because guess what: My “husband” is back and we are making preparations on how to go to court and withdraw our divorce papers ASAP. This is nothing short of a miracle. Thank you Dr Emu for your powerful spells. Words are not enough. here is his Email: emutemple@gmail.com or call/text him on his WhatsApp +2347012841542

He is also able to cast spell like 1: Lottery 2: Conceive 3: Breakup 4: Divorce 5: Cure for all kinds of diseases and viruses.