Wednesday, May 30, 2018

It’s 24 years … you idiot


Sorry for the lack of posts, time to stack a bunch of them up for your reading and viewing “pleasure?” Anyway … guys on the team like to tell me how I am “losing it” – you know, forgetting things, saying things over again, repeating myself, forgetting workouts that I myself actually wrote, losing van keys, stuff like that … Well, this spills over into the real world, where my wife Heidi and I celebrated our “engageaversary” – the anniversary of our engagement, which always makes me remember Memorial Day weekend fondly – with a picnic lunch down by the river last Friday. I wrote her a note about how special it was to celebrate the 25th anniversary of our engagement. You know. Very touching and heartfelt, some would say out of character for me. Here’s the problem. We got engaged in 1994. For those keeping score at home (and I know you are!), that was 24 (!) years ago. Not 25. In the words of Sturgill Simpson, a country/Americana guy I’ve been listening to a lot lately: “The most outlaw thing I ever done was give a good woman a ring …” Uh, 24 years ago.

No comments: