Tuesday, June 20, 2017

"Fossil" fuel propels Gregg!

Thanks to Marist Running Alum Gregg (“Bryan Buttigieg”) for providing the following write-up and photos from a rather unique road race that he ran, won and got an excellent prize for winning.

Hello, HI, greetings from Southwest Wyoming! This weekend is Fossil Fest in the small fossil town of Kemmerer, WY where I am residing for the summer. Events range from a dodgeball tournament, live music, and more. http://www.fossilfest.org/ I was inspired by the spectacular showing at the Walkway events from Marist runners across the board to enter in the 5k this morning. I crossed the line with a winning time of 16:49.  I actually had to stop at the town triangle and yelled "is this way the finish?" And then some girl was getting a flag banner out of a truck to have at the finish line and she's like "Oh no he's gonna beat me to the line" and I'm like "don't worry I'll wait for you" … haha. Not too shabby for 6949 elevation and not much training. I guess my weekend hikes are helping out. 
Met some nice people in town and found out I raced against some sprinters from University of Wyoming (100-200 guys) so there is hope of Tim Johnson wearing that alumni jersey. Winning prize was a $25 gift card to Cabela's, I DIG IT! (Fossil pun). Hope all is well in Poughkeepsie and excited to see what the team has coming this year! Best, Gregg

No comments: