Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Emptying the inbox: Joe T in Argentina

Emptying the inbox, part 2: Marist Running Alum Joe Tarantello checked off another continent on his round-the-world marathon quest by completing the La Bandera Marathon in Argentina. Here is Joe T’s email: Buenos Tardes from Rosario, Argentina. Just thought I would let you know that I completed the La Bandera Marathon this morning. I am still pursuing my crazy goal of a marathon on every continent; continent #4 is complete. I was extremely nervous and scared coming into this. I’ve been battling ongoing issues with my leg and have been unable to exceed an hour of running since my last marathon in November. Best case scenario I was thinking 3:30 and worst case just finishing under the 6-hour deadline. I exceeded expectations and ran 3:28:40 and didn’t have to walk. My legs are done but I’m glad I was able to get through. I had to cancel this trip in 2012 due to injury. You would love the climate here. It’s the start of winter, at race time it was in the 70s and humid. People are wearing full length spandex pants and long sleeve shirts. We’ve seen people walking around with scarves, fur coats, etc. Apparently, winter here is nothing like winter at home. Anyway, just want to let you know I sported the MART gear and finished another marathon and continent. Hope all is well!

No comments: